Saturday, February 15, 2014

I can accept 85%!

Another rainy, snowy day with a fire going in the fireplace and time to reflect.  I went up to Johns Hopkins last Friday, 2/7 to meet with a Dr. Zheng at the Cancer Center there to get his opinion of my last CT scans done at Riverside.  The "nodules" detected in my lung area are still too small to biopsy and appear to be slow growing.  In his opinion as a researcher in this area of cancer, there is a 10 to 15% chance they may be cancerous.  I am rooting for 85% chance they are not.  I continue to feel good and am loving retirement!  I started a special supervised wellness program a week ago at Riverside Wellness Center which will be forg 2 months.  It feels good to be exercising again and being "pushed" a bit to go beyond my comfort zone.

I'm very excited that my sisters will be coming down for another get-together, this time at my house.  Mary has the CD for this season of Downton Abbey and since we are all fanatics about the program, we will be having a marathon- watching Saturday! They will also join me Friday night 2/21 for dinner with my Woodside OWL buddies.  "Are the OWLs ready for the Clawson sisters,"  Kathy asked! I say they are since they have heard so much about my sisters and my sisters have heard so much about the OWLs.  When I look back on these past two years, my sisters and the OWLs have been at the heart of my recovery and I look to them again to support me through this next phase of life.  Love, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment