Sunday, November 27, 2011

Zombie Day

I went to school on Thursday, 11/10 thinking I looked pretty spiffy with my aqua jacket, necklace and earrings, all ready to video my English class lesson of Desiree's Baby for my W&M Clinical Faculty observation lesson.  One of my student's took one look at me and said, "You look like a zombie."  The day went downhill from there!  The video went fine, but when I strolled into government class, three other students confirmed, "You look yellow, Ms. Z, are you ok?"  Friday 11/11 more people, including a teacher friend, said I looked yellow and when I saw the school nurse, she said, "Go right to your doctor!" So, I did.  That's how, at 4 pm on a Friday night I was at Riverside Hospital getting a cat scan and blood tests--all nearly impinging on my arrival at my good friend's 7 pm birthday party! Looking back on it, the whole afternoon became a running joke about me getting to the party on time.  Little did I know what was coming on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment